What is Religious Education?
Religious education is a lifelong process by which we may come to know, and love the Lord as true disciples of the faith through the teachings of Jesus Christ, Sacred Scriptures, Church Doctrine, the Sacraments, Church traditions, life experiences and prayer.
As true disciples we share our knowledge and love of God by becoming more active participants in the Mystical Body of Christ, at Mass, throughout the liturgical year, and in service to our families, neighborhoods, communities, country and world through the corporal and spiritual works of mercy.
The objectives of our programs include
- Creating a safe environment of prayer and learning
- Building and promoting a welcoming community within the church
- Supporting and encouraging each parishioner to become an active participant in the Mystical Body of Christ.
Enrollment Grades 1-8
Classes will begin the first week of October. Grades 1 through 5 will meet on Wednesday afternoons from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Grades 6 through 8 will meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. Please take a look at our Religious Education 2018-2019 Calendar for more information.
To register for Religious Education at St. Thomas the Apostle please download and complete the Religious Education Forms with the accompanying registration fee. The fee for one child is $50.00, for two children it is $85.00, and for a family of three or more it is $125.00. Any returning student who registers after September 15th must pay an additional $20 late fee. Please make your check payable to St. Thomas the Apostle Religious Education (STA Rel. Ed.). New students must also include a copy of his or her Baptismal Certificate.
If these fees are a hardship for your family or you have additional questions, please speak with Liz Kiselica by email or call (860) 523-4209.
- Children's Rosary: A prayer group for children where the children gather to lead a Rosary.
- Little Lambs: A Bible Study with community service opportunities for children ages 3-6 years of age.
- RCIA: Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
- Sacramental Preparation for First Eucharist and First Reconciliation
- Saint Thomas The Apostle Youth Group (STAY)